In 2005 the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Georgia Tech Research Institute, the Atlanta Electrical Contractors Association, IBEW Local 613, and the Atlanta Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee entered into a Strategic Partnership for the purpose of preventing the four major hazards that account for the majority of fatalities and injuries in the construction industry; falls, electrical, caught in/between, and struck-by hazards.
The Partnership works daily to improve safety and health performance and strives to eliminate electrical hazards in the targeted area. The specific goals of the Partnership’s Agreement include:
- decreasing the injury/illness rates of Partnership members
- establishing an industry standard checklist fo use during work on energized circuits
- increasing the implementation of comprehensive safety programs
- decreasing worker’s compensation costs for participants
- increasing the level of safety training and its availability for workers
If you would like more information on our Strategic Partnership, please contact Danny Bowman at 404 523 5400 extension 6.